2023 Candidates For Georgia Republican Party Offices
(GRA Member) Mike Welsh, for Secretary
Current Secretary GA GOP with Extensive GOP Leadership Experience.
Top 3 priorities for the role he is seeking:
1) Beating Democrats
2) Returning the country to “We the People,”
3) Reaching those disaffected by Democrats that have Republican values, but don’t realize it.
Role of the party in holding politicians accountable to him is: The party and the elected officials should act as one entity. That is how the average person perceives the situation and we need to make it a reality.
1. Biographical information – age, family, where you live now and are originally from
Married, father of 4, 8 grandchildren. Born in North GA. Went to high school in Dekalb and a double Dawg. Resident of Columbia County
2. Employment history
Too long to list. Texas Instruments, Coca Cola Enterprises, and myself as well as some smaller companies. Currently Head of Accounting for North America’s Largest Brick
3. Educational history
Bachelors in Business Administration, Finance (UGA) Masters of Accounting, Emphasis in Systems (UGA)
4. Criminal/legal history
5. History of political involvement positions held, etc.
6. GRA membership – how long a member, why did you join (or why you have not joined yet)?
Just joined because of the relationships formed over the years with many of the members.
7. Other political/professional/social organization memberships
Discipleship Leader at Kiokee Baptist Church, Youth Leader for several churches, small group leader, assistant track coach, volunteer for Chaplain’s Ministry at Fort Gordon, organized & implemented Chaplain’s retreat for 1 st Marine Division before deployment to Iraq in 2007. Not a single Chaplain was killed or injured in the deployment.
8. Donations made/candidates and committees supported
Numerous. See Open Secrets (note this report shows many people with same name).
9. What principled legislative initiatives have you supported, and what bad legislation/policy have you opposed?
I supported the abortion ban, constitutional carry, school choice (20 plus years of homeschooling), election integrity, election process improvement with teeth in the enforcement. I support the immediate suspension of any elections official that loses or settles a lawsuit. I am opposed to red flag laws and the removal of local zoning control.
10. What are your top three priorities for the role you are seeking?
Beating Democrats, Returning the country to “We the People,” and reaching those disaffected by Democrats that have Republican values, but don’t realize it.
11. What is your position on GRA’s principles and goals (see https://georgiara.com/party-goals/ ) ?
These are the bedrock of the United States and its founding. I believe in them and I believe they reflect the position of a large portion of voters in America today.
12. What do you believe is the role of the party in holding politicians accountable?
The party and the elected officials should act as one entity. That is how the average person perceives the situation and we need to make it a reality.
13. List your social media accounts
I was an early adopter of Social Media but have since dropped all active postings. I prefer the personal touch.
14. Who are your political heroes?
The Founding Fathers, Reagan, the representatives from the 118 th Congress who forced the house to return to its intended structure.
15. Why are you seeking the endorsement of the GRA?
I believe I have the skills, talents, and support to be elected as Secretary. I seek the support of all delegates and alternates that want a steady and effective hand on the wheel.