2023 Candidates For Georgia Republican Party Offices
James King, for Assistant Secretary
Created Young Republicans of Northeast Georgia in 2017 (and chaired YRNG until 2022)
Top three priorities for the role he is seeking:
1) Establishing a clear plan of action and messaging
2) Providing greater emphasis on supporting the needs of local county GOP chapters
3) Ensuring each county GOP chapter is partnered with at least one GOP auxiliary organization
1. Biographical information – age, family, where you live now and are originally from.
I am 26 years old, married (no children yet), live in Sautee, GA, and am originally from Columbus, GA
2. Employment history
Hospitality management for two years, substitute teacher for two years, currently a minister of worship and youth
3. Educational history
I graduated from Jordan Vocational High School in 2015, obtained a BS in Music Education from Truett McConnell University in 2019, and am about to start classes towards a Masters in Music from the University of Georgia
4. Criminal/legal history
5. History of political involvement – positions held, etc.
Created Young Republicans of Northeast Georgia in 2017 (and chaired YRNG until 2022), Parliamentarian of the White County Republican Party from March 2021 until April 2022, Assistant Secretary of the Ninth Congressional District GOP from April 2021 until April 2022, Founder of Citizens for Transparent Education in June 2021, qualified to run for White County Board of Education in 2022
6. GRA membership – how long a member, why did you join (or why you have not joined yet)?
The nearest GRA chapter is about an hour from me
7. Other political/professional/social organization memberships
National Eagle Scouts Association
8. Donations made/candidates and committees supported
Donald Trump, Herschel Walker
9. What principled legislative initiatives have you supported, and what bad legislation/policy have you opposed?
I have supported multiple education related legislation that promotes transparency in schools, I have support Constitutional Carry legislation, I have supported the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, I have supported the Heartbeat Bill; I have recently opposed the so-called mental health bill for certain concerning provisions
10. What are your top three priorities for the role you are seeking?
Establishing a clear plan of action and messaging, providing greater emphasis on supporting the needs of local county GOP chapters, ensuring each county GOP chapter is partnered with at least one GOP auxiliary organization
11. What is your position on GRA’s principles and goals (see https://georgiara.com/party-goals/ ) ?
I strongly support each of the written principles of the GRA- I am a Southern Baptist minister, and as such hold ideals like the sanctity of life, traditional family unit, and others as extremely important. As a Constitutionalist, I am opposed to globalism and any other effort that either erodes our national sovereignty or that degrades or ignores any aspect of our Constitution
12. What do you believe is the role of the party in holding politicians accountable?
I believe that the party is the first entity that should take action when an elected official does not vote or act in a manner consistent with the written platform of the Republican party
13. List your social media accounts
I am not really active on social media, but this is a link to the page I utilized when I ran for White County Board of Education: https://www.facebook.com/TheGAMountainConstitutionalist
14. Who are your political heroes?
Ronald Raegan, Teddy Roosevelt, Donald Trump
15. Why are you seeking the endorsement of the GRA?
If I am elected to this position, my goals are to work to strengthen the Republican Party (see earlier answer about my priorities) and work to ensure that Georgia votes Red in 2024 and beyond