2023 Candidates For Georgia Republican Party Offices
(GRA Member) Christopher Mora, for Under 80k Chair
Pickens County Chairman
Fought hard for Hand recount in Pickens County with little help from the State GOP.
Top Priorities as Under 80K Chairman:
1) Help tackle election integrity by helping counties get poll watchers to turn into poll workers.
2) Help counties increase membership and involvement by identifying what’s important to their communities.
3) NEVER have a chairman of a county party to feel alone.
1. Biographical information – age, family, where you live now and are originally from:
I am Christopher Mora and 49 years of age. I have 3 grown amazing daughters and live in Pickens County Georgia. Originally, I am from Chicago, Illinois but have lived in Georgia for the past 26 years.
2. Employment history
1998 – Brycall – Support and Channel Sales
2003 – XO Communications – Channel Partner Manager
2006 – Reignmaker Communications – VP of Channel Development
2008 – ITC Deltacom – Channel Partner Manager
2009 – ClarityTel – Channel Partner Manager
2016 – ClarityTel – Sales Manager
2018 to Current – ClarityTel – VP of Sales
3. Educational history
1991 – College of Dupage – Criminal Justice
2012 – Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts
2016 – Trinity School of Natural Health – Naturopathy – Degree
4. Criminal/legal history
Besides trying to take legal action against my counties board of elections, I have never been arrested or have had any legal trouble.
5. History of political involvement – positions held, etc.
Pickens County GOP: Vice Chair of Programs 2019/2020
Pickens County GOP: 1st Vice Chair 2020/2021
Pickens County GOP: Chairman 2021 to Present
11 Congressional GOP District: 1st Vice Chair 2022 to Present
Mountain Young Republicans: Founding Member (Pickens, Gilmer, Fannin) 2021 to Present
Power of 5: Founding Member (Pickens, Gilmer, Fannin, Towns, Union) 2021 to Present
Conservative Alliance of North Georgia – Founding Member 2022 to Present
6. GRA membership – how long a member, why did you join (or why you have not joined yet)?
I joined the GRA for about 6 months ago. I joined because of some of its members that I respect and look up to like Denise Burns (Chairman of the 14th).
7. Other political/professional/social organization memberships
I am the past president of the Rotary Club of Jasper. Board member of the Boys and Girls Clubs of North Georgia for the last 4 years and past membership chair of the Pickens Historical Society.
8. Donations made/candidates and committees supported
Marjorie Taylor Greene
9. What principled legislative initiatives have you supported, and what bad legislation/policy have you opposed?
Supported HB 266 (2023) Medical Freedom Act
Opposed HB1013 (2022) Mental Health Bill
Opposed HB520 (2023) Mental Health Bill
10. What are your top three priorities for the role you are seeking?
As Under 80K Chairman:
1) Help tackle election integrity by helping counties get their poll watchers to turn into poll workers. No better way to have eyes and ears on the process then have our people on the inside.
2) Make the individual counties stronger by helping increasing membership and involvement by identifying what’s important to their communities. Every county is different and needs to be approached in different ways. There is no one size fits all and coming from a small rural county, I understand this better than anyone.
3) NEVER have a chairman of a county party to feel alone. If there is something going on in their community and they need help from the state party, I want to be their go to guy. I had experienced this over the last 12 months and it’s a horrible place to be in. The under 80K counties need to have a voice.
11. What is your position on GRA’s principles and goals (see https://georgiara.com/party-goals/ ) ?
I am a Conservative Republican who believes in respect for individual liberty and strongly advocates for freedom, opportunity and personal responsibility. I believe this is best achieved through the election of qualified conservative candidates who promote responsible, accountable, and limited government. The GRA’s Principles and Goals are no different than what I already believe in.
12. What do you believe is the role of the party in holding politicians accountable?
Yes, 100%. It is our responsibility since they decided to run under our party. There is nothing wrong with questioning our elected officials and expect real answers. Remind them that they represent us and not the other way around.
14. Who are your political heroes?
Marjorie Taylor Greene
15. Why are you seeking the endorsement of the GRA?
There is a dangerous movement going on in our state that lacks holding our elected officials accountable and giving party money to candidates that are clearly not conservatives. This was the problem that I saw with the state GOP when I first started to get involved in the party. I believe that the GRA is aligned with my thoughts and principles and I believe that the GRA endorsement would show what I stand for to those chairman that will be voting for me to represent them.