2023 Candidates For Georgia Republican Party Offices
(GRA Member) Suzie Voyles, for Assistant Secretary
Eagle Forum State President
Maggie’s List State President (Federal PAC supporting conservative women candidates)
Spent over 20 years advocating for better laws and procedures in election security.
I would be honored to have the endorsement of an organization that highlights a biblical worldview and seeks to accomplish its goals in a public setting such as good governance.
1. Biographical information – age, family, where you live now and are originally from
See Attached Bio
2. Employment history (it is fine to attach a document that answers any of these questions)
See Attached Resume
3. Educational history
University of Southern California, MSEd, Lifetime California Teaching Certificate
College of Idaho, Bachelor of Science, Political Science, Music, Sociology
Leadership Institute, Washington D.C.
Hillsdale College Continuing Education
4. Criminal/legal history
I have no criminal record. If necessary I can forward my last police report that I had obtained when I renewed my Notary License.
5. History of political involvement – positions held, etc.
See Attached Political Resume
6. GRA membership – how long a member, why did you join (or why you have not joined yet)?
I first became affiliated with the CRA (California) as a child as my parents were members. After moving to GA, I did not know there was a GRA until I met Alex Johnson around 2005 or so. I joined Fulton’s chapter around 2013/14 but lost touch with them and have just renewed my membership this year.
7. Other political/professional/social organization memberships
Daughter of American Revolution, LI, Heritage Sentinel, Eagle Forum, Concerned Women for America, P.E.O., Maggie’s List
8. Donations made/candidates and committees supported
This would take some time to look into – when we do donate, we do our best to support those who are Constitutional Conservatives and always prolife. See Open Secrets
9. What principled legislative initiatives have you supported, and what bad legislation/policy have you opposed?
Federal: Flew to DC twice to support the Born Alive Petition in 2018-2020;HB1 (elections); Keep Nine Amendment (SCOTUS-HJRes8, SJRes8), etc. State-There have been many from education, life, CON, etc. but these last two sessions I have fought against HB1013, SB 520 and SB140 (we fought vigorously for a better bill that actually protected children from trans therapies, surgeries and counseling, protected parental rights and did not allow Medicaid to pay for the surgeries or private insurance companies from paying for trans surgeries—all this applying to children 18 and under.
10. What are your top three priorities for the role you are seeking?
1) A voice and a vote on the State Exec. Committee
2) having the ability to support Constitutional, both U.S. and State, on the State Committee and across the state with affiliated groups,
3) to work to preserve our Platform and “inspire” the Party and our officials to abide by these principles. (the job of the Assistant Secretary has no delineated responsibilities according to the GAGOP By-laws).
11. What is your position on GRA’s principles and goals (see https://georgiara.com/party-goals/ ) ?
All of your core principles align with a biblical worldview. My “political” stances and an outgrowth of biblical doctrine and so the principles of the GRA and my principles are compatible.
12. What do you believe is the role of the party in holding politicians accountable?
I believe it is our duty to remind our elected officials that they swore an oath to the Party when they qualified to abide by our Platform and the Constitution and once elected, remind them why they are there. If they continue to go astray, they we need to find good people to back and primary.
13. List your social media accounts
Insta: @Suzivoyles, @suzi4congress, FB: Suzi Voyles (two accounts, President of Eagle Forum and Public Figure) Twitter:@SuziVoyles , Linkedin: Suzi (Foster)Voyles; Truth Social: @suzivoyles
14. Who are your political heroes?
Phyllis Schlafly, Calvin Coolidge, Ronald Reagan, Thomas Sowell, Morton Blackwell, the writers and signers of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, George Washington, the John Adamses, and the Founders who are too numerous to include.
15. Why are you seeking the endorsement of the GRA?
I would be honored to have the endorsement of an organization that highlights a biblical worldview and seeks to accomplish its goals in a public setting such as good governance. The principles are worth upholding. Currently, the United States, the greatest republic in history, is being reduced to tyrannical despotism in just two short years. The answer as to how to stop it is just beginning to emerge. We have the rights that we have that are guaranteed in the Constitution because we were born with them, planted by God into our very nature. We are discovering the understanding that produced the American Revolution and we can stop this ransacking of our rights and bring this overwhelming government back to where it belongs, under the control of the people. I know that have the temperament, knowledge and skills to help bring our party closer to unity that will make it productive.
The GRA endorsement would clearly articulate to others the values that I hold true.